Tactical gear and rifles are not easy items to store, especially when it comes to travel and transportation. Finding a good quality case that is heavy-duty, portable, and secure is not as easy as you might think and there are definitely some poor quality options on the market.
In this article, we’ll be reviewing the Eylar 53” Roller Hard Case to see if it’s a product that will make traveling with your rifle gear effortless or impossible.
First, we’re going to look at some of the key features, uses, and suitability of this rifle case to determine its quality and who it’s best suited to. At a glance, you can see that it’s a solid product but is it heavy-duty enough to cover your rifle storage needs?
Any rifle case needs to be durable and secure first and foremost. Not only will it be holding expensive gear but also it’s also potentially harmful if left unsecured so the manufacturing and construction need to be a decent standard.
Fortunately, this case passes the test and while we won’t say it’s the most solid or secure on the market, it holds its own!
The military-spec case weighs in at just under 25 pounds and comes with reinforced wheels and crushproof drag handles for ease of portability. The entire case is also designed to be crushproof and features IP67 waterproof protection when submerged in up to 1-meter depths.
It’s also heat and cold resistant with a working temperature range of -20° F to 140° F making it durable in almost any environment.
There are two lockable padlock fittings and the snap shut case with rubber fitter molds along the edge to ensure that the case is secure when locked. It also comes with an adaptive pressure release valve to control internal pressure when traveling at altitude.
While we feel this case has some excellent features in terms of durability, the most impressive feature is the limited lifetime guarantee. This shows that the features are not just for show and that the manufacturer has full belief in the high quality of this case.
Portability is arguably the key feature of this product. It comes with three folding, crushproof handles positioned in different areas allowing for pulling or carrying. It also comes with heavy-duty, reinforced wheels to effortlessly pull the case along.
Something we will say is that the case can be quite heavy when fully loaded (depending on your equipment and gear) taking into consideration that it weighs just under 25 pounds when empty. Therefore, the reinforced wheels are a very much needed addition.
The case passes all TSA requirements according to the manufacturers, making it suitable for air travel in the US and it has two fittings for a lockable padlock meaning it’s portable and secure when traveling. The adaptive pressure equalization valve mentioned earlier is also well suited for traveling in different altitudes and will keep the case protected from cargo vacuums.
3. Storage Capacity
The case comes with two layers of pull and pluck foam which makes them completely customizable for any tactical gear or rifle size (up to 53”) that you need to store. It also features egg-crate foam padding to keep everything secure, in place, and free from scratches or damage during transport.
The aspect that we like about this the most is that the fitting is universal meaning you can store all of your gear (within reason) without needing to worry about different brands, shapes, and sizes.
The only point we’d make is that it comes with a total size restriction of 53” x 16” x 6.12” so make sure you factor this in when considering purchasing this case.
Pros & Cons
- Portability: The case itself is relatively heavy but the reinforced wheels make transport straightforward and effortless. It also comes with multiple, foldable handles for carrying convenience.
- TSA Approved: This case passes all TSA requirements for air travel in the US and has lockable compartments for added safety and security during travel.
- Durability: Waterproof, crushproof, reinforced wheels and a lifetime warranty means that there is little doubt that this is a durable case. It’s not only built to last but it’s capable of doing so in a range of conditions and the lifetime warranty, in particular, is a testament to the manufacturer’s confidence in the product.
- Storage: The pull and pluck foam combined with the egg-crate foam layer allows for universal storage for all of your tactical gear and can hold up to two rifles with accessories. This compatible fitting makes storage straightforward and most importantly, convenient.
- Weight: The case itself can be quite heavy at just under 25 pounds and that is before you even take into consideration storing anything inside. The plus side is that a heavy case allows you to carry heavy gear…
- Popularity: We’ve definitely seen tactical cases that are more popular on the market and despite the solid features of this product, it’s still relatively basic and therefore, is not among the more popular or widely used products on the market.
When looking to purchase a tactical rifle case there are certain features that you will need as a guarantee. Ease of portability, a solid/durable case that’s weatherproof and relatively resistant to damage, has decent storage and is secure.
The Eylar 53” case ticks of a lot of these requirements and is a solid product in terms of functionality. It is, however, missing some features that prevent it from being a top choice in our opinion but we can say you won’t be disappointed with this product and it certainly does its job!